BCS Certificate in Requirements Engineering (Inc exam)
This intensive three-day course develops the skills needed to work with requirements stakeholders to ensure that requirements satisfy various perspectives and that conflicts are negotiated to a position of consensus. You will learn how to work with stakeholders and other interested parties to ensure the requirements are complete, unambiguous, realistic and testable.
- describe the roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders in the requirements engineering process
- demonstrate the application of a range of techniques to obtain and define requirements
- document and prioritise user requirements for an information system
- identify and resolve problems, conflicts and inconsistencies with requirements
- create a process model and function model of requirements for an information system
- interpret a model of the data requirements for an information system
- explain the importance of linking project objectives and requirements to the Business Case
- describe the principles of Requirements Management and explain the importance of managing requirements
- describe the use of CASE tools to support Requirements Engineering
- explain the principles of Requirements Validation and define an approach to validating requirements
Duration3 days |£1650
There are no prerequisites for attending this course.