An effective P3O (Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices) model provides operational efficiencies in the successful delivery of business change initiatives.
It is an integral part to ensure:
- The strategies and performance requirements of an organisation are realised via projects, programmes and operational business units
- A joined-up set of outcomes and benefits is measured, managed, monitored and refined to ensure that optimal investment and strategic goals are achieved.
The benefits a PMO are:
- Doing the right programme and projects – ensuring that business is investing on the things that matter, and focus is on delivering programme and projects that enable achievement of the corporate strategy.
- Doing programmes and projects right – delivering programmes and projects consistently and well.
Without the involvement of a P3O model in strategic change management these goals may still be reached but in a fragmented or unstructured way. This can generate significant threats to the best use of scarce resources and achievement of required outcomes.
Our expert team can enable your business in:
- Maintaining a ‘big picture’ understanding of the business change portfolio
- Providing decision support to ensure to ensure the right programmes and projects are launched
- Providing standards and processes to ensure consistency of delivery
- Providing independent oversight, scrutiny and challenging to ensure things are done right
- Providing assurance, coaching and mentoring to build a competent workforce capable of first-class programme and project delivery
- Providing a ‘single source of truth’ reporting function to deliver effective Management Information
- Improving organisational accountability, decision-making, transparency and visibility
- Identifying, understanding and managing multiple and inter-dependent risks
- Protecting revenue and spend, and enhancing value for money
- Executing change more effectively and efficiently to improve programme and project delivery
- Protecting reputation and stakeholder confidence