Simona is an experienced Data Protection Analyst who has worked in the public sector in the Channel Islands. Key areas of data protection expertise include Privacy Policies, Data Sharing and Data Governance Framework development and operations-focussed privacy solutions including Data Privacy Impact Assessments.
Simona has a degree in Law and Public Administration gained in Romania and a UK Law degree gained in Jersey at Jersey Institute of Law through Jersey Graduate Diploma in Law (JGDL) course. In her first year she has studied Contract Law, Criminal Law and Public Law and has a good understating of Contract Law as well as Criminal Law; and in her second year she has studied The Law of Tort, Equity and Trust Law and EU Law and has a good understating of Tort Law as well as EU Law; with a dissertation based on the Law of Tort. Her current focus is in GDPR, information governance and to pass her Fellow of Information Privacy (IAPP) exams.
Her previous roles include Data Protection within the Government of Jersey and States of Jersey Police as well as Assistant Manager at Rivoli (Swarovski).
• GDPR and Data Protection (Jersey) Law
• Data Integration and Data Quality
• Contract Law
• Criminal Law
• The Law of Tort
• EU Law
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law and Public Administration
• Worked as a Road Traffic Police Officer at Local Police in Romania
• Customer Service Certifications
• Data Protection Officer (DPO) certificate
• UK Law Degree, gained through Jersey Graduate Diploma in Law (JGDL) course at Jersey Institute of Law 2018-2020
• Studying towards my Fellow of Information Privacy (IAPP) qualification