Senior Network ArchitectsTechnical Solutions Team
Due to the rapid expansion of the Technical Solutions team into other business areas to support our clients, we are looking for multiple Senior Network Architects.
Our Technical Solutions Team, are our Great Minds, Always On and looking for ways to streamline processes and optimise systems for our clients.
Carry on reading for details about the role but we expect you to be able to define your own job specification as part of our commitment to trusting our colleagues.
As the company’s most senior technical network advisor, the Senior Network Architect provides technical expertise, strategic planning, and recommendations to our clients for technologies and network applications in response to their business needs.
The Senior Network Architect works with the Technical Solutions team to evaluate and design solutions for business and customer requirements which will integrate with and enhance their network.
The Senior Network Architect applies complex design principles and methodology to ensure cost-effective and optimal use of resources and technology without jeopardizing network integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate alternative technologies and architectures in relation to our client’s infrastructure needs. Interface with management and vendors to develop and implement new solutions to meet business requirements.
- Design and manage the rollout of critical network infrastructures to support our clients’ products and services, on both a strategic (long term) and tactical (immediate term) level.
- Perform analytical, technical, cost analysis and CAPEX development work in the planning, design, installation and on-going administration and management of our client’s core data networks.
- Ensure our client’s network infrastructures are fully documented and performing as required for internal and customer SLA guarantees and expectations by means of specific metrics and measurements.
- Provide technical expertise to develop new product strategies and enhance existing product sets.
- Contributes to departmental activities and programs by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN/SDWAN support and engineering design for voice, data and video networks at Access, Aggregation, and Core network locations
- General Knowledge of best practices with Telephony Switch networks using switching interfaces such as GR-303 and TR-08. Also, knowledge of SS7, AIN, LNP, etc.
- Thorough understanding of modern service provider TCP/IP data networks using standards and technologies including but not limited to: MPLS, IS-IS, OSPF, BGP4, STP, RSTP, 802.1q, 802.1ah, Cloud based solutions (such as Azure VPN/ExpressRoute)
- Superior knowledge, skills and experience with Cisco routing hardware, software, protocols etc.
- Strong working knowledge of structured cabling systems & network facilities
- Ability to work alone as an individual contributor, as a technical lead and as a participant in a team environment
- Router, Switch, and IP configuration experience is required
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco security products including ASA firewalls and IPS (both appliances and modules)
- Functional understanding of virtualization and cloud technologies
8 years of technical networking experience, 5 of which were in a senior role
Additional Desired Skills
- Vendor Certifications (CCIE, CCNP Security, etc.)
- Cisco VoIP (CUCM, Unity, Unity CXN, IPCC, Telepresence)
- Bandwidth compression/optimization (RiverBed, WAAS)
- Mobility and Wireless
- Network Monitoring and Tools (OpenView, Spectrum, NetScout, Gigamon)
The ideal candidate will have strong technical capability, a confident presence in front of customers and in-depth experience in technical consultancy skills. They must not be afraid to roll up their sleeves and assist in the delivery of technical solutions, leading from the front.
How do I learn more?
If this opportunity excites you and you’re keen to continually challenge yourself on the path to helping our clients achieve great things we look forward to hearing from you.
Simply send your details and a current CV to email@example.com