Junior Business AnalystStrategy & Change Team
We are looking for a self-motivated person to join us as a Junior Business Analyst. You must be willing to build up your knowledge and experience in your specialist area of expertise. You will seek learning and experience to further your knowledge, utilising your colleagues for peer reviews of your approach and documentation.
As a Junior Business Analyst you will be operate at a basic business analysis level. At this level, a Business Analyst is able to apply business analysis knowledge when they participate in a project, in any capacity, albeit under supervision if required.
Our Strategy & Change Team, are our Great Minds, Always Evolving. They have the strategic business intelligence to power digital transformation for our clients.
Carry on reading for details about the role but we expect you to be able to define your own job specification as part of our commitment to trusting our colleagues.
The ideal candidate will be able to carry out the following aspects of the role:
- Work with colleagues and other stakeholders to investigate operational issues, problems and new opportunities, contributing to business process and IT system improvements;
- Be able to understand the purpose and benefits of modelling techniques to represent a range of business areas and systems of interest within the context of business analysis activity;
- Take part in meetings with stakeholders and assist in presenting issues and solutions both verbally and in writing;
- Produce business analysis deliverables using relevant documentation styles in line with organisational standards and using appropriate tools;
- Assist in defining and justifying (in business terms) holistic solutions that address organisational, people, process, information and technology aspects;
- Assist colleagues and other stakeholders to define user acceptance tests for new or improved business processes and IT systems.
- You’ll be familiar with applying techniques which help investigate, analyse, model and record a business area or system of interest. Examples include: business environment analysis and process modelling.
- As a competent Junior BA, you’ll use tools (manual or automated) to record the structure, relationships and use of information within an organisation. Examples include: class diagram and relational data model.
- You’ll be aware of applying standards, practices, codes, and assessment and certification programmes relevant to the IT industry and the specific organisation or business domain.
- You’ll have a good foundational understanding and application of different development approaches e.g. iterative/ incremental methodologies (Agile, XP, TDD, SCRUM) or traditional sequential methodologies (Waterfall or V-Model) and collaborative development, including DevOps.
- You’ll be aware of how to perform a proof of concept or prototyping exercise to demonstrate or evaluate the feasibility and potential benefits of applying a particular technological business change in order to meet a business need.
- You’ll gain a good understanding of the selection and application of information elicitation methods, tools and techniques which are appropriate to the information required and the sources available. Examples could include: focus groups and surveys/questionnaires.
- You’ll be familiar with organisational structures; their mission, objectives, strategies and tactics adopted by organisations; measures of performance such as critical success factors and key performance indicators; organisational cultures and cultural dimensions.
The ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator with a positive attitude and growth mindset who works well in a team. You will be analytical thinker who can break down problems into its component parts and resolve the problem using the most appropriate method or tools. You should be able to follow instructions and seek assistance when required. You will have a willingness to learn and to undertake further qualifications. You will be able to work to deadlines and adapt as required to business needs.
How do I learn more?
If this opportunity excites you and you’re keen to continually challenge yourself on the path to helping our clients achieve great things we look forward to hearing from you.
Simply send your details and a current CV to email@example.com